The Vale Primary Academy Uniform
Our school uniform has been much admired by visitors. It is important; as it is an outward sign of the high standards we set ourselves. The school logo was up-dated in July 2012 to mark the Vale School becoming an academy.
After much consultation with parents the uniform was defined as:
- Red school sweatshirt or cardigan with our new academy tree logo.
- Navy blue skirt or pinafore. (This should be plain and about knee length.)
- Navy blue trousers. (These to be plain school trousers, not jeans/sport trousers.)
- White/navy polo shirt or white shirt. (Available from the office with the academy logo)
- Plain white, navy or red socks (Plain red or navy tights are acceptable)
- Shoes with low heels, sandals or plain trainers.
In summer many children continue to wear the usual uniform but without the cardigan or sweatshirt. This is, of course, perfectly acceptable. Children may, however, wear the following if they wish:
- Plain navy blue shorts (Not clinging or brief)
- Red and white gingham dress
- Plain sun hat for break and lunchtime
We sell a range of uniform items at school at very competitive prices. If you wish to purchase an item of clothing please contact the school office staff.
Much valuable teaching time can be taken up helping young children with their clothing and so you are asked to help us with the following:
- Please buy clothing with elasticated waists so that young children can deal with their clothes themselves.
- Please avoid shoes with buckles or laces. Shoes with Velcro fastenings are the best.
Items of uniform can be ordered from the following website: www.sptuniforms.co.uk
Please ensure all items are named
Every effort will be made to assist children to find lost property if the articles are clearly named. Please note that the school cannot accept responsibility for lost items. Unnecessary items should not be brought to school.
Jewellery, Make-up and Hair
We discourage the wearing of jewellery in school. If your child has had her/his ears pierced then flat studs, which are close to the ear, are preferred so that safety is ensured. All earrings have to be removed before PE, games or swimming. If parents insist on having their child’s ears pierced it should only be done at the beginning of the August holiday to avoid missing any sports lessons. Nail Varnish, make-up or hair with unnatural / contrasting colours or shapes (such as tramlines or a V with a long tail) cut into the hair are not allowed.
Plain white t-shirt (logo polo shirts available to order from the office) and a pair of navy shorts for P E and a pair of trainers for outdoor games. These will be worn outdoors, for games, in the summer and under the tracksuit in winter. This outfit can also be worn for after-school sporting activities or pupils can choose to wear their own football strip or a plain, sleeved tee shirt.
If a class goes swimming they need to bring their own swimwear and a towel. A coin is usually required for the lockers. Goggles are discouraged for safety reasons but obviously are allowed for health requirements if the request is accompanied by a note from parents.
Pupils are not allowed to bring mobile phones to school unless permission has been granted by the Principals. Permission will only be granted in extreme circumstances. This policy has been agreed by all the primary schools in Knottingley.