The Vale Primary Academy Uniform
Our school uniform has been much admired by visitors. It is important; as it is an outward sign of the high standards we set ourselves.
From 1st September 2020 our uniform will be:
- Royal blue V-neck jumper, sweatshirt or cardigan. (with or without Delta logo)
- Black skirt or pinafore. (This should be plain and about knee length)
- Black trousers. (These to be plain school trousers, not jeans/sport trousers)
- White polo shirt or white shirt. (with or without Delta logo)
- Plain white or black socks (black tights are acceptable)
- Flat black shoes with no heel, or black trainers.
Year 6 pupils will be required to wear a white shirt and school tie, ties can be purchased from the school office.
In summer many children continue to wear the usual uniform but without the cardigan or sweatshirt. This is, of course, perfectly acceptable. Children may, however, wear the following if they wish:
- Plain black shorts (Not clinging or brief)
- Blue gingham dress
- Plain sun hat for break and lunchtime
Much valuable teaching time can be taken up helping young children with their clothing and so you are asked to help us with the following:
- Please buy clothing with elasticated waists so that young children can deal with their clothes themselves.
- Please avoid shoes with buckles or laces. Shoes with Velcro fastenings are the best.
Items of uniform can be ordered from the following website: www.sptuniforms.co.uk
Please ensure all items are named
Every effort will be made to assist children to find lost property if the articles are clearly named. Please note that the school cannot accept responsibility for lost items. Unnecessary items should not be brought to school.
Jewellery, Make-up and Hair
We discourage the wearing of jewellery in school. If your child has had her/his ears pierced then flat studs, which are close to the ear, are preferred so that safety is ensured. All earrings have to be removed before PE, games or swimming. If parents insist on having their child’s ears pierced it should only be done at the beginning of the August holiday to avoid missing any sports lessons. Nail Varnish, make-up or hair with unnatural / contrasting colours or shapes (such as tramlines or a V with a long tail) cut into the hair are not allowed.
The white Delta top and a pair of dark shorts for PE and a pair of trainers for outdoor games, during the winter seasons, children can wear their Delta PE top alongside appropriate clothing (e.g. tracksuit, jumpers etc.) These will be worn outdoors, for games, in the summer and under a dark tracksuit in winter. This outfit can also be worn for after-school sporting activities.
If a class goes swimming they need to bring their own swimwear and a towel. A coin is usually required for the lockers. Goggles are discouraged for safety reasons but obviously are allowed for health requirements if the request is accompanied by a note from parents.
Pupils are not allowed to bring mobile phones to school unless permission has been granted by the Principals. Permission will only be granted in extreme circumstances. This policy has been agreed by all the primary schools in Knottingley.